UPDATED: Edmonton’s “Good News Auto” is Selling All Tires 17 Percent Cheaper than Most Other Shops

Require winter tires for the 2016-2017 winter months? “Good News Auto” is selling all tires at cost!

UPDATE: It has come to our attention that apparently the tires are not being sold at cost, but still end up being 17 percent cheaper.

Chris Ferland, the owner of Good News Auto has informed us about the advertising campaign he had previously initiated, but then later removed.

This is the owner of good news auto Chris Ferland. I was informed by my supplier that I cannot advertise at cost, so I was forced to take it down. All I can say is that I will get you the best possible price I can. I spent 3 hours on the phone today trying to see what the big deal was and someone laid it out for me pretty well.

If I am advertising at cost and others are making money (which is not wrong) people will get mad at the other shop.

I thought it was a good idea to advertise it as we have been selling tires at cost for about 3 months. Apparently I was wrong. So I put the advertising as the best price I can do.

Sorry for the confusion, I wanted to put the word out but I got my hand slapped… HARD.

Really been a bad day for me dealing with this, my only intent was to pass along some savings… not start a tire war.

I have tried to update the classic website as well as mobile website to reflect.

Just DO NOT want to get sued or what ever could happen…

Personally, I think I should be able to sell tires for whatever I want…. now they will be a little bit more than cost I guess. I dunno what to say.Chris Ferland

EDMONTON — With snowfall just weeks away, what better time to announce to the general public that Edmonton tire sales shop “Good News Auto” is selling all their tires, including winter and all season, at cost.

ANOTHER ARTICLE:  Timothy Maxwell's Mightywheels.ca Team Aims to Helping All People Who Use Wheels

This makes them roughly 17 percent lower than all other shops in the city after all is said and done. This is the first time that Good News Auto is selling their stock at wholesale prices.

The owner of the shop says it best:

There are so many tire shops in Edmonton that offer great deals on tires. At Good News Auto, we get rid of all the wondering by providing the best deal on winter tires and all season tires this year.

You pay what we pay with our no hassle tire sales. We also do not charge shop supplies. This is a revolutionary way of selling tires that we are leading the way with.

No more shopping at 5 different places. No more having to order online and have tires shipped to your door and then pack them into your vehicle only to realize that you could have gotten the same brand name tires cheaper at Good News Auto.Chris Ferland, Owner, Good News Auto

Although their website is desperately in need of an overhaul, you can check it out at goodnewsauto.ca if you’re interested in checking out their stock.

Don’t go this winter without winter, or at the very least all-season, tires. It’s simply too dangerous, and we’re expecting a very cold and frigid winter this year, so please be prepared for the worst.

Good News Auto is more than just tires. They are a tire shop, and a general automotive repair shop as well. They have over 100,000 tires to select from.

If you’ve got question or are interested in learning more, you are more than welcome to call the shop at 780.485.1993, extension 0.

Good News Auto is located at 6932 76 Avenue in Edmonton, Alberta, and has a perfect 5 out of 5 star rating on both Google Reviews and their official Facebook page.

733 VIEWS

Jody Mitoma

Founder of Edmonton Talks News.

• Edmonton Talks News
      September 26, 2016 at 4:52 PM

What is THIS NONSENSE!? This has been added within the past 24 hours. What a pile of poop.

Thanks for the heads up. 🙂

• September 26, 2016 at 6:44 PM

Chris Ferland

• September 26, 2016 at 6:45 PM

Chris Ferland

• September 26, 2016 at 6:49 PM

Just DO NOT want to get sued or what ever could happen…

Personally, I think I should be able to sell tire for whatever I want…. now they will be a little bit more than cost I guess. I dunno what to say

• Chris Froeseland
    September 26, 2016 at 6:53 PM

Just DO NOT want to get sued or what ever could happen…

Chris Ferland

• Edmonton Talks News
      September 26, 2016 at 7:39 PM

Chris! It is so lovely o hear from you direct. What a lovely surprise. Thank you so much for clearing all of this up for our readers. I will add this to our story. 🙂 Cheers! And best of luck with the business! I sure hope you’re making enough to keep it in business!

• Chris Froeseland
      September 26, 2016 at 7:48 PM

If you like, here is some more info for you… we opened our doors in September of 2012 and we use our profits after operating cost to fund our vehicle education workshops and car care clinics (open to male and females). We have helped over 200 people with our clinics and workshops.

We started from nothing 4 years ago and thank God, we have been profitable most months we have been open out of the 48.

I really wanted to just extend what we do to people with tires in tire season.

Here is a link to our social business called jumpstart repairs and our Jumpstart fund.

And our workshops here

We are legit and did not mean to create all this bad hype. Grrrr.

Thanks for your time. If you have any question… please don’t hesitate to call me

Chris

• Edmonton Talks News
      September 26, 2016 at 8:08 PM

You are truly a rock star. Thank you for all that you do for the people of this city, Chris. Outstanding!

Fri, 25 Aug 2017 12:00:00 +0000From Pets To Family Members
Tue, 18 Jul 2017 07:00:00 +0000Friendly Reminder: Some Summer Flowers are Harmful to Pets
Tue, 11 Jul 2017 18:00:00 +0000Iqaluit Turns to Amazon to Combat High Food Prices
Tue, 11 Jul 2017 16:00:00 +0000Saskatchewan Families of Transgender Youth Trying to Change ID Rules
Sat, 08 Jul 2017 23:30:28 +0000Hundreds of Wildfires Force First B.C. State of Emergency in 14 Years
Fri, 07 Jul 2017 11:00:00 +0000Canadian Animal Blood Bank to Hold Blood Donor Clinic in August