Friendly Vehicle Renewal Reminder for August & September 2016 Expiration Months

Share this reminder with your friends and family.

If you’re one of the hundreds of thousands of Albertans that require a vehicle renewal in August or September, then now’s the time to renew if you haven’t already.

Why am I reminding you? — As of April of this year, the province had decided to get rid of the monthly snail-mail reminders informing you that your vehicle renewal was coming up. They’ve transferred over to e-mail. This change is expected to save the government over $3 million per year in costs.

If you’re someone that is a bit forgetful, try to make it a habit of checking your license plate every now and again. Besides, it’s good to check and see if it’s still there every now and again, especially with the recent spike in license plate theft in and around Edmonton.

Alberta license plate
Alberta license plate

Get monthly reminders:

Aside from that, you can register for free online reminders by visiting either one of the following: E-Registry, AMA, or MyAlbertaAnother option is, you can walk into any registry in the city, and ask them to sign you up for the reminder e-mails.

Here’s to hoping none of you receive an expired registration ticket. At $230, they’re a pretty hefty fine. I should know. I was issued one last year on my way to the registry. :/

ANOTHER ARTICLE:  Edmonton Vet's License Suspended; Guilty of Animal Abuse

License plate (top image) designed by graphos.ca.

317 VIEWS

Jody Mitoma

Founder of Edmonton Talks News.

• Edmonton Talks News
      August 31, 2016 at 4:56 AM

Agreed! Not enough Albertan’s were for a chance in our plate design, unfortunately.

With that said, this plate was designed by Albertans, and it wasn’t even one of the 3 choices that were provided by the Gov. of Alberta when a plate change was proposed. All 3 designs were actually provided by 3M; a United States based company. As you may have already assumed, I, along with many of our fellow Albertans, were not pleased, to say the very least.

• Randi Jay
      August 31, 2016 at 4:57 AM

Edmonton Talks News Yeah I remember the story, I just wonder why it hasn’t been brought up again? – our plate is outdated.

• Edmonton Talks News
      September 1, 2016 at 6:10 AM

Unfortunately, it’s too soon yet. Maybe it’ll become something that we look into again a year or two from now.

• Edmonton Talks News
      September 1, 2016 at 6:10 AM

So do I.

What I hate about that plate, is that you cannot use a commercial number on it.

When I went in to get a new plate years ago, I had to make the decision between ordering the Support Our Troops plate and a Commercial plate.

Sadly, I had to go with the commercial plate due to what I do for a living. 🙁 Combining the two would have been perfect.

• Edmonton Talks News
      September 1, 2016 at 6:12 AM

Awe man!… That is so true!

It never struck me that Class 6 & 7 plates are so much smaller. Good insight; thanks for that!

Fri, 25 Aug 2017 12:00:00 +0000From Pets To Family Members
Tue, 18 Jul 2017 07:00:00 +0000Friendly Reminder: Some Summer Flowers are Harmful to Pets
Tue, 11 Jul 2017 18:00:00 +0000Iqaluit Turns to Amazon to Combat High Food Prices
Tue, 11 Jul 2017 16:00:00 +0000Saskatchewan Families of Transgender Youth Trying to Change ID Rules
Sat, 08 Jul 2017 23:30:28 +0000Hundreds of Wildfires Force First B.C. State of Emergency in 14 Years
Fri, 07 Jul 2017 11:00:00 +0000Canadian Animal Blood Bank to Hold Blood Donor Clinic in August