The City of Edmonton presents a celebration of recreation. Sunday, September 25, 2016.
EDMONTON — The City of Edmonton is rewarding Edmontonians for ongoing support of local attractions, recreation centres and other facilities. They are doing so by running “Free Admission Day 2016” on Sunday, September 25th from 10:00 AM until 6:00 PM.
There is no shortage of attractions to attend on the upcoming weekend. There are just shy of twenty businesses taking part in providing Edmontonians with a free day.
The businesses taking part are perfect for everyone. Families and individuals alike, can explore the city they live in, without having to pay to get in and enjoy the many attractions they have to offer.
This is a once a year experience that is especially perfect for families that are struggling with money issues during this downturn in Alberta’s economy.
The City writes:
The City of Edmonton is proud to host Free Admission Day to thank Edmontonians for their ongoing support of attractions, recreation centres and cultural facilities.City of Edmonton
Those that decide to attend Free Admission Day at either the Edmonton Valley Zoo, Fort Edmonton Park, or The Meadows Community Recreation centre, please note that these three locations will be accepting donations of non-perishable food items to help our fellow neighbours.
Businesses taking part in Free Admission Day:
Attractions and Cultural Facilities
- Edmonton Valley Zoo (Food Bank drop-off location)
- Fort Edmonton Park (Food Bank drop-off location)
- John Janzen Nature Centre
- John Walter Museum (1 – 4 p.m.)
- Muttart Conservatory
- Prince of Wales Armouries Heritage Centre and City of Edmonton Archives
Recreation and Leisure Centres
- Clareview Community Recreation Centre
- Commonwealth Community Recreation Centre
- Jasper Place Fitness and Leisure Centre
- St Francis Xavier Sports Centre
- The Meadows Community Recreation Centre (Food Bank drop-off location)
- Kinsmen Pitch N’ Putt
- Scona Pool (1-5 p.m.)
- Callingwood Arena (1:30-2:30 p.m.)
- Downtown Community Arena (1:15 p.m. – formal grand opening)
- Kenilworth Arena (12:45 – 1:45 p.m)
- Londonderry Arena (4 – 5 p.m.)
- Oliver Arena (4:15 – 5:15 p.m.)
- Terwillegar Arena (4:45 – 5:45 p.m.)
- Castle Downs Family YMCA Community Centre
- Don Wheaton Family YMCA Community Centre
- Jamie Platz Family YMCA Community Centre
- William Lutsky Family YMCA Community Centre
The City reminds those interested in attending one of the many businesses on this day that parking will be limited at all facilities, and is expecting most businesses to be quite busy.
With that said, please keep in mind that capacity at varying businesses is controlled for safety and security reasons, which means you may or may not find yourself waiting for some time to get in.
Please help us spread the word! 🙂