Edmonton Police Service has released a statement to the public regarding the release of violent offender, 47 years of age, Matthew Marty Powder.
EDMONTON | We’re back with another warning to the general public about a dangerous man that is now residing in the Edmonton area. Police believe that he will more than likely re-offend.
His name is Matthew Marty Powder, and he has a history of violent offenses causing bodily harm to both male and female victims, known and unknown to him, in addition to using weapons while committing the offences. Matthew’s risk for violence increases significantly while under the influence of any intoxicants.
Matthew Marty Powder is described as:
- Height: 5’9″.
- Weight: 190 lbs.
- Eyes: Brown.
- Hair: Black.
Although he will be monitored by the Behavioural Assessment Unit of the Edmonton Police Service, you can never be too safe, so let’s get the word out about this problematic man and keep our neighbourhoods safe.
The EPS wrote their public notice to warn Edmontonians about this potentially harmful man in an attempt to forewarn you, and asks that you do not take this as an invitation to engage in any form of vigilante action. The world needs less harm; not more.
Matthew Marty Powder has been placed on a number of court-ordered conditions. These include:
- He must abide by a curfew of 12 a.m. to 6 a.m. daily.
- He shall not purchase, possess or consume any alcoholic beverages. He shall not consume or possess any drug listed in the schedules of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act including cannabis, any prescription drugs not prescribed to him, or any other intoxicating substances.
- He shall not be in any licensed premises other than a dining room for the sole purpose of having a meal. He shall not attend at any liquor store.
- He shall not possess any drug paraphernalia such as crack or marijuana pipes, self-made pipes of any kind, e-cigarettes, bongs, water pipes, cigarette papers, or syringes.
- He must not travel out of the City of Edmonton without written approval of his Supervisor or the Provincial Court of Alberta.
- He must not be in possession of weapons of any kind, including knives (except in his residence or at a restaurant for the sole purpose of consuming a meal), bear spray or dog spray, firearms, ammunition, explosive material, or any weapons whether homemade or otherwise.
- He shall not enter into a dating, intimate, sexual relationship with any person or any friendships with females until her identity has been disclosed to his Supervisor or designate and she has been informed of his previous offending by his Supervisor.
Please take a second to share this article in an attempt to get the word out there with me. It’s always better to be safe rather than sorry; especially when Edmonton Police explicitly state that this man is more than likely to commit another illegal act whilst residing in our city.
Always be sure to stay aware and safe while you’re out and about.
View the initial EPS release here.